alpha demo version PS4 controller

-CURRENTLY UNDER PRODUCTION-
Technolites is an action packed top down shooter with an epic animated adventure, fully voice acted. The first game in the genre to allow you to build your own ship, with dozens of unique parts and weapons. Technolites will be released in an episodic form. With the success of each episode leading to the development of further episodes. Once our goals are met for each episode(which will be posted) we will then continue the development process. Each episode taking about 2-3 months. Episode 1 will be released Sept 2018 and will introduce the story and characters to this adventure. The game will also include an endless level with leader boards to compete with your friends. In total there will be 5 episodes each with more weapons, cut scenes, game play and features.
Xstream14

alpha demo version PS4 controller

Post by Xstream14 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:45 am

Hi guys,
Jan-Henrik here from the Kickstarter page about some experiences with the PS4 Controller. (Sorry in advance, I am no native-speaker so I hope you'll understand everything I am about to write.)

First, something I am missing right now are subtitles. I am able to follow the spoken parts of the game but in the released version (optional) subtitles would be great.

What I really like are the environments in the background, the sounds, the voice acting and the planet descriptions, nice job there.

With the PS4 Controller I had two big issues. The first one is that the primary weapon cant be shooten. The equivalent button is "R2" but this brings you into Pause menu.
The rest of the weapons work just fine and are activated with the same located buttons on the PS4 Controller.
Regarding the menu handling I have to admit that the use of the cursor is not very suitable with a controller. This said, while setting up my ship I had no problems with the keyboard. But with the Controller I couldnt select the weapons for the ship so I got stuck at that point in the game.
Although the menu handling is not very handy with a Controller I do like the gameplay with Controller much better than with a keyboard.

I hope this feedback helps you guys even a little bit.

ps: I made some screenshots I would like to add for you but I cant figure out how do I add them.

Zugalu_Greg
Site Admin

Re: alpha demo version PS4 controller

Post by Zugalu_Greg » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:24 am

Hey Jan-Henrik,

Thanks for the feedback. We are glad you like the demo. We just picked up a PS4 controller and are testing with it now. We will fix this issue right away. Sub titles are a great idea and we will add them to the our future update as well. Thanks again, we appreciate the feedback!!